Monday, October 6, 2008

Its aberrant

Its aberrant.. for 2 reasons:
- one I didn't blog yesterday
- second I went to give mock test without ID card. Ended up not taking the test at all :(

And all the preparation since yesterday.. is some antonym techniques. The moral of it was - the answer that is most convincing may not be right answer. For such questions to answer one must be aware of different fields like science, arts, geography, literature and so on. What do I know? being a software engineer? Writing code with lots of 'ifs' and 'buts'. And other times copying the existing code [may be copied too].
I just can't understand the planning part of software industry.. There is an idea to design and they set 2 weeks to design.. But I can't understand how did one arrive at 2 weeks plan?
In my opinion, design is a collection of ideas. And ideas evolve. What if the good ideas come only in the last of those 2nd week? It is quite possible that during these 2 weeks the ideas evolve and at the end, the best approach is arrived at. In which case the person has to redesign everything on the last day!
In some way, I believe that today's IT industry doesn't understand the meaning of innovation.. All they understand is time to market and when the product is in market, its time to correct bugs! In simple terms.. we software engineers are used to work in constraints resulting in narrow thinking and poor outcome...

Well ! off the topic though! Now that my sleep is away, I'll pick a data interpretation test book and try to solve some.. May be the previous mock test paper [means previous to previous - previous I didn't attend - asshole I'm].. And I dont want to repeat again the glory of my preparation [hope sentence formation is correct].. I'm coming DI..

And today, the usual hectic work at office didn't allow me come home early.

No comments: